Rupp 1/8 scale model kit.

Got one in the mail a couple days ago, looks pretty good. Normally I stay away from re-issues, but for the price you can't beat it:thumbsup:

I have owned Just about ever cool model at one time or another ... I currently own only 2 but they are my all time favorites, Paddy Wagon and Tijuana Taxi.
The Rupp is cool (had it as a kid) but I think setting this one as my desktop background will for awhile will do.

markus

Thanks for posting up the pics, some of the listings for them kinda leaves you guessing if it was an exact reissue or or what you actually got. they had one listed as resin rough casting even with only that terrible digital image of the box top for awhile.

My original (and now totally worthless :laugh:) is rode hard and put away wet, it needs restored so I'll have to buy one for parts, it looks like they copied it like it was. I thought the originals didn't come with decals so thats a nice added bonus.

Thanks for posting up the pics, some of the listings for them kinda leaves you guessing if it was an exact reissue or or what you actually got. they had one listed as resin rough casting even with only that terrible digital image of the box top for awhile.

My original (and now totally worthless :laugh:) is rode hard and put away wet, it needs restored so I'll have to buy one for parts, it looks like they copied it like it was. I thought the originals didn't come with decals so thats a nice added bonus.

Yours has a different exhaust than is on the box of the repop ... when did Bonanza make a seat that looked like one depicted on the box?
I remember when Billy Beer came out .. I was 15 or so .... Stepdad wasn't impressed ...

I always wanted to build one of those, but full scale. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of talent:laugh:

I wasn't too concerned, the seller I bought mine from used an actual picture of the box. It's almost exact (the box, haven't opened it yet to check out the model), the only thing added is a very small script on the black side under the blue bike. That and the retro packaging sticker on the front.:thumbsup:

Harquebus

Thanks for posting this. I never knew it existed, or anything like it in this scale. I always thought they were smaller scale or 1/24.

What sort of engine is supposed to be represented in the kit? Something real or is it generic?