Rupp Enduro : D

Just went and picked this baby up. Has original Trials tires, but they are dry rotted. I got the racing number plate for the front too.

I can't wait to get it rippin :scooter:

The motor is an H35 and it appears to have the original torque converter on it. If you notice anything else let me know.

Could anyone tell me what the torque converter ratio range is?
Or where to get spokes for the 10'' wheels?

The Rupp parts website I have marked only has them for 12''.

markus

Very cool, another scrambler (I have one as well). the kickstand is not right for the bike, Looks functional though! Are you missing spokes? I recently got rid of I think most all my spare 10" wheels. I think I might have saved one becuase of the near perfect tire, but I will have to confirm that. I do have some other 10" wheels, 2 are getting disassembled to make one nice one. I can check the size with my scrambler and see if they might work if you can't find any new.

Yea, it's missing 2 spokes in the front wheel. I'll look for some new ones later. Thanks for the offer, I'll have to let you know :wink:

I took the torque converter off and the driven pulley does not look like the other Rupp ones I've seen. It had 2 springs on the inside. One deep in a groove and the other on top of it. It also doesn't let the belt fall into the pulley nearly as far as a Comet one does. Any ideas?

You bought that bike from a guy in Warren, MI off of 14 mile didn't you? I looked at that bike. I passed it up cause the wheels were in bad shape and painted over with mexichrome and a few other various odds and ends werent correct. Did ya pay 3 bills for it? I offered him 250, then 275 but he wouldn't budge off of 300(was asking 450, then 400 then 350). I think the guy may have bought it to flip it, he said he owned the bike for years but didnt seem to know much about it? all he kept saying was "these things go for over 1200 on ebay" lol! I passed on it because I refuse to overpay for anything right now. Anyway, I believe that to be an enduro as well. Certainly not a roadster like his add claimed when he first put it up on CL. Well you have a good start there with mostly eveything there anyway. Congrats on the purchase, I hope to have an enduro someday myself. :thumbsup:

Yea it has problems. But I have a Honda motor I just went through with a billet rod and flywheel, air filter, exhaust, jet, adv key, etc... Got a new jackshaft, all bearings, chain and a clutch for it. New tires on the way.

I'm not looking to restore it, I just want a nice riding full suspension bike.

Want my primary driver? : )

Yea it has problems. But I have a Honda motor I just went through with a billet rod and flywheel, air filter, exhaust, jet, adv key, etc... Got a new jackshaft, all bearings, chain and a clutch for it. New tires on the way.

I'm not looking to restore it, I just want a nice riding full suspension bike.

Want my primary driver? : )
That would be a good suspention bike for sure and probably alot of fun with a nice built engine :thumbsup: and yes Id be interested in the primary driver clutch...

Nice find. i have one too im restoring it rigt now. it looks more like a scrambler though. check out mine to see wat my enduro looks like to see if urs is actually one.