Rupp sprint Resto

Finally got around to tearing down a rupp sprint i just sort of ended up with. Went to look at a Roadster 2 and the guy said i couldn't buy i the roadster 2 unless i took this one along with it. Got both of them home and ended up liking this one more. I have a few questions. what color should the original motor be. And does anyone know what red and grey should be. got the frame and froks down to bare metal. Just got to get the fenders and tank cleaned up and then should be ready for some paint. Everything i took apart seemed to be in good shape except for the Carb, Seat cover and the Peg Covers. Heres where i am so far.

The fenders, tank, and engine are the same color silver. Here is a restored Sprint for reference. Rebuild the carb. Seat cover can be bought new make sure you get the tall lettered seat, also the foot peg covers can be bought new. Good start so far. Bead blast the turbine wheels and they look like new then. Clean the chrome on the trim rings and reassemble with clean tires. Keep the pics coming as you go.

Thanks. It rained and slowed me down. As i won't put the car on the street when it rains i don't always have a garage to work in. Hopefully get the frame in primer this weekend and maybe paint. Will hopefully be adding some progress in the next few days.

Finally got around to tearing down a rupp sprint i just sort of ended up with. Went to look at a Roadster 2 and the guy said i couldn't buy i the roadster 2 unless i took this one along with it. Got both of them home and ended up liking this one more. I have a few questions. what color should the original motor be. And does anyone know what red and grey should be. got the frame and froks down to bare metal. Just got to get the fenders and tank cleaned up and then should be ready for some paint. Everything i took apart seemed to be in good shape except for the Carb, Seat cover and the Peg Covers. Heres where i am so far.
Pretty cool. :thumbsup: :smile:

its Funny, I just bought a roadster 2 and a sprint. I see you have the original chain guard. Thats worth more than the whole bike! They are very hard to find unless you buy the whiole bike. My sprint is gonna have the 5.30 tires and a jackshaft set up.

I don't think i am ever going to get around to getting back to the bike. Might just end up parting out on ebay. Its been a couple of weeks and i'm losing interest in it. What did you pay for your 2 bikes if you don't mind me asking.