Rupp with folding handlebars?

Hello all,
After a 37-year wait, I bought a minibike the other day. The seller thought it was a Rupp, but there were no identifying marks on it.
I looked at a number of vintage Rupps online, and my bike has a frame and rear swingarm exactly like the Rupp Black Widow or Roadster 2. It also has the torque converter-jackshaft setup and front and rear drum brakes, as many Rupps did.
The thing that's throwing me off is that my bike has fold-down handlebars for easier transporting. I have seen no other Rupps with these bars, and these look to be factory original.
I have been told that Rupp never used bars like these, but the fram and swingarm are dead ringers for Rupp. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks for the help,
Jim

Hey There-

Can you kindly email me with or post a photo of your bike? I would love to take a look at it, as I am sure would many others. RacerX

The frame is from 68 and is a Rupp frame but the front end is not. They never made them like that. Someone probably bent the front end and swaped it out with another minibike.

Maineiacmoose, It is a Power-Dyne with the wrong forks made in Pawtucket, R.I. They were copy cats of a few well known brands of minibikes and that is a copy of a Rupp frame. The swingarm with the brakecaliper bracket is a trademark of Power-Dyne. The rims are Power-Dyne also. Here is another copy of a Rupp they build.

Last edited:
Many thanks jmbmini,
I kinda knew it wasnt a rupp because of the tube across the front of the frame for the foot rests. That and I wrenched on an old rupp that this is based on for many years as a kid. The rupp just seemed to be built with a little more pride. Man what I would give to have that bike back now.

Anyway I'm rambeling thanks for the response and I hope you dont hate me when you see what I have planned for the Power-Dyne.

I would not hate you for wanting to do what ever it is to the Power_Dyne. It is your's to do what every you please. Cut away! LOL. Do a project log on it.