Ruttman Spyder Rebuild

I just bought this frame yesterday from the show at masterson supply for 200 dollars. The frame is all straight except for a little part on the forks. I am going to replace the tires and rims and do everything so it looks original on this bike including all the decals. As I continue i will add pictures of the bike and i should have it done by the show in september.

I just bought this frame yesterday from the show at masterson supply for 200 dollars. The frame is all straight except for a little part on the forks. I am going to replace the tires and rims and do everything so it looks original on this bike including all the decals. As I continue i will add pictures of the bike and i should have it done by the show in september.
That's alright. What kind of engine are ya thinking about putting in there? Keep us all posted on your project! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

It is a nice deal you got. It is a late 70's extended Ruttman. Which makes it alot easier to find the original year motor. It should have the Lil Indian mags on it originally...they stopped the Ruttman ones prior to that model. And the model following yours they started using the Lil Indian kickstand on the outside of the frame.

i just bought an engine for the bike and i was able to get one that came origonally on a spyder. the engine is a 5 horse i cleaned the carb and it started right up. anybody know the origonal colors the spyd?ers came in?