Ruttman?

I bet Randy or Wayne will know for sure, I think they have one or two of everything made. Actually, Randy has one in his avatar that looks similar....

Its a 1969 Ruttman...straight bar no folding pegs till 1970.
Really? What kind of motor and brakes came on the thing? All of these little bikes look the same to me.

Oldsledz has the brakes as clutch band, so I guess that question has been answered.

Last edited:
They came with Briggs 3 1/5 and 5HP, Tecumseh 3 1/2 and 4HP...a whole slew of motor options the early years of Ruttman. I am not fully sure..but I think in 1970 they went to strictly Tecumseh engines. And the kit bikes came with whatever motor you bought. Really odd and neat to hear of one popping up out there. For $25 you can't go wrong.

Yes cheezy is correct. If it where a lil' Indian it would have a 3/4" frame like my bike in the avitar. Being it's earlier with the solid pegs it more then likely had a briggs but not always. Also would have had a clutch brake.

For $25 you can't go wrong.
I'm glad to hear that, because the damned thing is in the back of my suburban.:doah:
I went to chase a lead on a trail bike and came back with the little Ruttman thing. The trail bike was a bust, turned out to be a blown up baja something or another. It seems they call any minibike out here a Tote Gote. My reasoning involved in buying it wasn't too sound, it was near the other listing and I had already spent the time and gas to drive out there. (Sounds like the same reasoning my wife uses on me) I think I have enough kibbles and bits laying around to make a runner out of it.