Scat Cat Restoration

Just picked this up today..gonna do a build thread on it. It's a Scat cat..and that's all I know about it. I haven't seen many of these on here.
Might not start on it for a while as I got another project to finish first. Any ideas for a color scheme?

Fat Boy

Nice sc215 Scat Cat I have one just like that and also a red sc415 and a Super Scat Cat that's older I will get a picture of that and I have several other models . They are nice riding bikes and we ride our Scat Cats all the time .

Is that front fender made out of cardboard? I can't say for sure from the pictures. Whatever its made of, you've got love American ingenuity. :laugh:

Reminds me of a news clip I saw about Cubans riding Harley Davidsons. Since they could not get the parts imported to fix them, they had some very crafty HDs.

Fat Boy

There is a small sticker just ahead of the seat on the tank that says sc215 on my blue bike and not meant for highway use . My decals on the side's of the tank are almost gone . The older Scat Cat I have has an original hand painted gas tank on it . Its raining outside now so pictures are impossible today .

^ sorry I don't know how to make that a link

There is a small sticker just ahead of the seat on the tank that says sc215 on my blue bike and not meant for highway use . My decals on the side's of the tank are almost gone . The older Scat Cat I have has an original hand painted gas tank on it . Its raining outside now so pictures are impossible today .
Somebody painted over the chrome gas tank on mine...and the wheels. But luckily most the paint is already coming off the wheels.
This bike is a lot more complicated than the other 2 bikes I restored. It should be fun.. It's almost like a small motorcycle lol.