Sears Runabout - when was it made?

I have a Sears Runabout (even though it says 'Spyder' on the tank). It has a sears ID tag saying it is a model 803.8071. Any idea when it was made?

That is a awesome bike! Looks really original! I would guess it's a '67 or '68 based on the bolt on hub. Here's a ad from 1967 showing the bolt together hubs. Pay no attention with the wheels being 4-5 or 6" the hubs sorta date it. Late '68, on, Bird used a pressed & welded wheel/hub combo. This is a bird ad. They built your bike for Sears. Is the engine Sears or does it have Tecumseh numbers?

Randy:
Thanks for the info. Where is the engine number locatd? The bike is really nice and even still has the rubber foot pegs and the rubber brake pedal cover (I never see them). Since it is red and white I think it will look nice under my christmas tree with a little stuffed santa on it.

The forward side of the gas tank has a decal that says Sears Spyder in black. I will post a picture of the label if you want.

Again thank you for dating this bike.

Manybikes -

There will either be a tag riveted to the front edge of the blower housing, near the bottom. Or a spot where one used to be. During the time period of your bike they had an aluminum tag that either corroded off or simply fell off. They used a very poor "push" rivet to attach it. Hopefully yours is still on it. If it's a Tecumseh plate we can date the engine to the day. If it's a sears you can't date them as far as I know of. If it's missing you will never know.