Sears Trail Tamer(Roper)

Triley41395

So this is the start of a rebuild/restoration of a Roper I picked up. When I first seen it in the basement of my brother I tried to convince him to just clean it up and leave it as is but he wanted to repaint it and do new decals. After he tore it down and had it sand blasted he decided to sell it so that's where we are today. The front forks were curbed and bent back a little but I did get them persuaded back with a pipe. I'm going to have it coated prismatics bright orange. A very complete bike minus the chain guard.
Screenshot_20231231_163740_Messages.jpg 20231231_162847.jpg 20231231_162923.jpg

Triley41395

The swingarm/engine plate swivel was broken at the welds and it had a crack in the side, both have been fixed. It also has a couple extra engine holes but I am going to leave them. In the original picture you can see the scrub brake is bent way up, that has also been corrected. 20231231_171359.jpg 20231231_171416.jpg 20231231_171446.jpg

Nice bike @Triley41395 !

Ahhh the elusive Roper chainguard. I see you have 2 of the also elusive gas tanks. I bet you could trade someone your least favorite tank, for a chainguard. (Just a suggestion...but the classifieds section here produces wonders ! It's where I got my also elusive Roper grab bar.)

Lot's of elusive going on...lol !

Keep us posted on your progress.

Triley41395

Nice bike @Triley41395 !

Ahhh the elusive Roper chainguard. I see you have 2 of the also elusive gas tanks. I bet you could trade someone your least favorite tank, for a chainguard. (Just a suggestion...but the classifieds section here produces wonders ! It's where I got my also elusive Roper grab bar.)

Lot's of elusive going on...lol !

Keep us posted on your progress.
I never thought about trading a tank for a chain guard but that's a good idea. I was happy that it came with the grab bar, fork badge and 2 tanks. Being so complete, it should be the first one I finish this year.