small wheel tire changers at Harbor Freight

small wheel tire changers at Harbor Freight

Here are two devices that say they are suitable for 8 inch wheels and I wonder if anyone has experience with
either one of them and which might be best for minibike type tires and lawnmowers etc. one seems to say 8 inch
wheels is the smallest which is what I need so they would both be able to work with 8 inch wheels.

https://www.harborfreight.com/manual...ger-69686.html
and

https://www.harborfreight.com/mini-t...ger-61179.html

For one of them 8 inch is the smallest wheel recommended which could be a clue that being at the edge of the range it might be more difficult but I dont want to make assumptions.

Both are similar enough in price to not matter. Just two tire changes would pay for either one of them compared to commercial work etc.

I have used a mini tire changer from harbor freight for about 15 years now.. All it takes is some dish soap and some (sometimes a lot) muscle and you can mount just about any tire you would run on a lawnmower, mini bike or utility trailer.. Its worth its weight in gold in my opinion! 20190209_103232.jpg

The current best deal coupon is 20 percent off of the $44.9. You must take the COUPON NUMBER to the store and give to cashier at checkout. 20190802_174806_882 HF.jpg 5 price. I am getting one tomorrow.

tomc

I have one of the # 61179 models because I am also "into" garden tractors. I love it. Seems like I paid about $35.00 for it. I don't know how I ever got along so many years without it, without seriously injuring myself doing it the hard way. The secret is lubrication, lubrication, lubrication. Dawn dish washing liquid is great!

JustEnough

I have had the first one, 69686, for about 10 years, and it is too big for most minibike wheels and it is too flimsy and needs to be bolted to a heavy base, for anything bigger like an ATV wheel. A definite DO NOT BUY.

The smaller 61179 looks much more suitable for minibike wheels, but I have not tried that one.

delray

here something too that I have found that helps with putting on larger tires and rims. it beats using a flat blade screw driver and digging into the rim or worse a inner tube. found it on ebay $16 bucks ship to my door.