Sold my cushman :( :)

markus

well I'm happy and sad, my old buddy the 1947 cushman stake car just got loaded onto a trailer and is on its way to its new home in PA. Not something I particularly wanted to get rid of but it was getting to the point of having WAY to many things around the house and unfortunately with it being 9 feet long and 4 feet wide was never easy to store anywhere so it sat outside. It was a pretty handy machine, I had hoped to maybe be on a bigger piece of property by now where it would have been alot more useful but that never panned out.

but I am happy to report that the new owner likes the way it looks and its original patina and plan to leave it pretty much like it is, which I am happy to hear. while restored it nice, its also pretty cool to get on it, and actually use it for more that just display. Sounds like they are swapmeeters, so some of you PA peeps might see it kicking around here and there. I guess they also have another '47 50 series step thru with a sidecar on it.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a wheelbarrow now for yardwork:thumbdown:

markus

My wife wondered what the value might be?
I sold this one for $1700, I only advertised it locally on craigslist and honestly was not having much interest in it, even offering it as a trade. That was my listed price BTW. I was surprised that he had called seeing as the add was old and about ran its course on craigs and he was calling from PA.

Markus,

$1700 was a pretty fair price. Did you have a title for the bike?
I have not started to restore my 39G yet but I am slowly collecting parts.

markus

Markus,

$1700 was a pretty fair price. Did you have a title for the bike?
I have not started to restore my 39G yet but I am slowly collecting parts.

no this one was never titled, I got it from the original owner, they used it on a little farm in Ohio for a few years and them moved here and used it around the Marina he opened. he made that triangle on the back and he would scoot back and forth from his house to the marina for years that way :thumbsup:

I have to say it was probably the most versatile vehicle I have ever had, and built better and stronger than anything else as well. In a few years when I finally do get to purchase a bigger property I'm gonna be kicking myself hard for not having it anymore, but I just could not see kicking it around here for another 5 (hopefully less) years, Old girl at least deserved a rickety barn to live in!