some doodle bug questions.

hey, i have a rare form of the doodle bug called a baja racer is basically the same thing only its green. any way i want to know how far i can take this engine. i would like to get a better carb and exhaust. but i need to know what size carb to get. and can i safely run it ungoverned? and lastly are there any sights that sell parts for the 2.8 97cc engine?

I would suggest you just get a bigger engine, don't bother investing in that little engine, for the amount of money you may put into it I'm sure you could easily find a cheap 5hp flathead or even a 6.5HP clone and basically double the horsepower. Then, if you decide you mod the engine, you would have an engine that both has marketable parts, and is known to respond well to previously attempted mods. Either of those two engines have a wealth of information on the web available when it comes to mods, I would look around.

delray

the only mod's that engine and bike can take is a different rear sprocket and a header pipe exhaust. i would not remove the governor on that minibike and run it hard. it will snap that very small rod it has. it would be cheaper to rebuild a tecumseh or briggs and then hammer on the gas all day:scooter:
if you really like that little engine you could buy a honda rod for it and polish the rod for strength,but then you just wasted $40+ that could of gone into a real motor.:doah: baja minibike is a good little bike for just doodling around on only and small mod's to it :thumbsup:

i guess i should keep looking for a cheap engine i cant find any thing for cheap im looking for like a 3.5 to a 6.5 for under 100 bucks but i cant find any thing local.

We put a 7. horse Robin/Subaru engine and a TAV2 on our DB and it's all the power you could ask for. It could use a little more top speed (IMO), but then I'm half crazy as it is.