some feedback on the GTC TV2

Has anyone tried this thing yet? Is there any kind of feedback on this product?

I found a couple threads referring to it and said they werent impressed so much with it....the power band seems to level out in middle rpms..

If its basically built to the same spec as the Comet 30 series how much "worse" could it be. I know people are complaining about the price but I always remember them being at least $150 anyways. so why complain about $200 when its going to last 10 years.

Since my T/C recently blew up I was just going to get the whole thing brand new, why wouldn't you!?

Anyways, I plan on ordering one within the month along with some other parts and it would really let me down is this thing is a flimsy POS. Anyone with some advice. Is there a different kit I can get that's been field tested?

I'm not gonna lie I plan on actually using my bike and exercising the motor completely on it.......that doesn't mean neglecting the maintenance but you get the idea.

thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

i heard the backing plates are made out of crappy thin aluminum... they dont come with a cover....... and there not as well built as the comet
tavs

thats exactly what I was wondering dodge.

The plate for my comet is a stamped steel plate.

I noticed on the jackshaft housing where the bearings go that it was re-welded back on when I bought it and theres cuts in the metal where the driven gear rubbed on the plate. when I give it gas the whole plate would flex and vibrate like mad. In turn it caused me to have hesitation getting up to speed.

The aluminum looks a bit thicker and id imagine they are using some kind of aircraft 6061 or one of the other 1000 types. That makes me think that it would be more stable..

somebody has to have this thing to help me/us out here