spark plug wont come out

I have a new Baja Motorsports Doodlebug. Yesterday I decided to check the condition of the spark plug, only to find that it seems to be frozen in place.
I'm wondering if the factory failed to apply a lubricant to the threads. I'm afraid to really force it for fear of pulling threads out along with the plug.
Can anyone give me some tips as to how to remove it? Is this common?

Any advice will be appreciated ! Please help!

Thanks
Superior

If it where me (and this could be wrong) I would make sure I have the right socket the I would gently tap the wrench with a mallet to break it loose.

I tried that using the plug wrench supplied with the tool kit. No go.
Thanks anyhow! At first I used the screwdriver inserted into the hole in the plug wrench socket and the cheap screwdriver metal bent! That's where I stopped trying. Do you suppose I could try applying heat in some way?
Thanks again.

I wouldn't use the cheap pug tool. Use a socket wrench, if you don't have one ask a neighbor. You will have better grab down low. :thumbsup:

I dont know if I'll have clearance between the plug and the cooling shroud. I might have to pull the engine. or do I? Maybe just the fuel tank, and then the shroud? I've never worked on the Lifan 2.5 hp. Anyway, I was trying to get a conventional 3/4 inch socket onto the plug and it seemed to have clearance issues either with the cooling shroud or the head material. I'll check that also when I get home. Maybe a thin walled socket will work.
thanks guys

delray

superior,i have pulled my plug out of my lifan 2.5hp ,no problems. just make sure you have a good socket and the right size:thumbsup:

65ShelbyClone

If you have some door lock graphite, I would use that instead of anti-seize. I have used anti-seize on quite a few sparkplugs and find that it almost always dries into this gummy crud. The graphite(mixed with light oil or mineral spirits) will dry out completely and won't be gummy.

I finally got it out! I soaked it over night with a ptfe based penetrating lube.
A thin walled socket did the trick with no problem. I made sure not to over torque it upon installation and applied the lightest trace of anti-seize to the threads. I'm confident there will be no more problems removing it. Thanks
Delray for reassuring me it could be done easily and thanks to all others for the tips. vroom-vroom !

delray

thats good you got it out:thumbsup:,maybe little china girl ran the air pressure to high on the inpact gun that day. something wong:chinese:

Yes GTO I did use a good wratchet and socket. Thanks for the help!

The cheap plug tool supplied with the tool bag actually stretched and spun around the shoulders of the plug lol.