Spark Plugs and Clearance issues

So I’m building a little custom bike out of a schwinn occ stingray chopper and a Coleman ct100 engine and everything has gone excellently up to this point. I got the plate and jackshaft mounts welded on to the frame and got the chain lined up perfectly. But when I went to drop in the motor, it wouldn’t fit because of the spark plug boot. I fished around for a shorter boot but no matter which one I put on there it still doesn’t clear the frame.

So my question is, is there a shorty spark plug that will fit a Coleman Ct100 and let it run properly? I’ll post a picture of the problem area when there’s some daylight.

Triley41395

So I’m building a little custom bike out of a schwinn occ stingray chopper and a Coleman ct100 engine and everything has gone excellently up to this point. I got the plate and jackshaft mounts welded on to the frame and got the chain lined up perfectly. But when I went to drop in the motor, it wouldn’t fit because of the spark plug boot. I fished around for a shorter boot but no matter which one I put on there it still doesn’t clear the frame.

So my question is, is there a shorty spark plug that will fit a Coleman Ct100 and let it run properly? I’ll post a picture of the problem area when there’s some daylight.
As for your plug question, I don't know.
If it were me, I would reposition the engine and re-cut the chain.

This is the bike and where I ran into trouble with it. Right under the top bar close to where the seat post would be, there’s not enough room for me to fit a boot on. I really don’t want to channel the frame.

Attachments

Bird Brain

Might search for a Nippondenso plug that cross references from that NGK. Dont think ive ever seen a short NGK but i have seen alot of short Nippondenso's. Problem might be the threaded portion will most likely be shorter to but if it cross references im sure they have done the math on the flame front pattern,heat range, etc differences and such. Good Luck.

I would go about it that way but with the frame being right there I’m sure it would arc out all over the place. I’d basically need to make my own boot, wrapping countless layers of electrical tape or some kind of insulation around it and the frame.

A great idea for standalone engines but for my application it would be a little too sketchy. Think I’m gonna go with your previous suggestion. The engine is as far forward as I can get it to go without modifying the mount plate so I think I’ll use a straight edge, drill a couple holes, and use a cut off wheel to make the slots longer. Then resize the chain and take it from there. I might be able to get away with just throwing a half link on it.