Speedway Shrike

I just used one of the threads in the Tecumseh forum to dial in my bike, so I figured I'd contribute what I can. This is a '70 Speedway Shrike from what I've been able to tell, and have no fear - it was already butchered when I got my grubby hands on it. I had to do an extensive amount of frame repair, fork repair and a new motor plate. While I was at it, an 8hp Tecumseh that I had sitting around went in. I made the motor plate and jack shaft tabs on PlasmaCam, and TIG'ed the sprocket/hub setup from Fleet Farm items. I worked at an upholstery class in highschool, so wipping out a seat from some awesome metalflake vinyl I found was a nobrainer - turned out awesome. On the to do list: chain guard, better throttle setup, and most importantly - BRAKES. This pig takes me about a 1/4 block to stop with my size 10.5 brakes. The peg that expands the shoes is snapped off, so if someone has one to spare, shoot me a PM. Also looking for pictures of the cable that was used, as I have not a clue how that goes together. Without further blabering, here's my form of transportation to and from class.

Well your right it could be a Shrike but its newer than 70 the 70's had 2 top tubes not the stamped top bar like yours. I also have what I think is a Shrink and a Sabre and both of mine had their engine plates butchered too.I have my Sabre all apart so I can take a pic of the inside of the brake plate and also how the cable is set up on my Shrike lol those brakes work alittle. I'll post those later tonight or tomorrow,also check hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lots of cool pics and advertisements:hammer:

I just used one of the threads in the Tecumseh forum to dial in my bike, so I figured I'd contribute what I can. This is a '70 Speedway Shrike from what I've been able to tell, and have no fear - it was already butchered when I got my grubby hands on it. I had to do an extensive amount of frame repair, fork repair and a new motor plate. While I was at it, an 8hp Tecumseh that I had sitting around went in. I made the motor plate and jack shaft tabs on PlasmaCam, and TIG'ed the sprocket/hub setup from Fleet Farm items. I worked at an upholstery class in highschool, so wipping out a seat from some awesome metalflake vinyl I found was a nobrainer - turned out awesome. On the to do list: chain guard, better throttle setup, and most importantly - BRAKES. This pig takes me about a 1/4 block to stop with my size 10.5 brakes. The peg that expands the shoes is snapped off, so if someone has one to spare, shoot me a PM. Also looking for pictures of the cable that was used, as I have not a clue how that goes together. Without further blabering, here's my form of transportation to and from class.

Thats a 71 shrike mine's a 70.