Speedway tank wanted.

cfh

that would be a 1970 Speedway Scarab and that gas tank is nearly impossible to find. sorry for the bad news...

cfh

You're being pretty optimistic on the gas tank... i've been looking for years for a 1970 style gas tank, and have never found one. Now the 1971-1973 style gas tanks do come up on ebay now and then (but they won't fit on your frame.) I've never seen a 1970 version gas tank for sale, anywhere... (well unless it's attached to a frame!) It's a tough get.

Last edited:
dont konw if this help you but hear in orlando fl 1970 shrike nice tank seller info kevin wlikerson marketplace 175 parts bike

I am definitely interested
Here you go. Has a couple small dings, and there is some body filler along the seams. Inside is decent but does have a couple scale spots showing, should clean up pretty easily. Cap and threads are nice, as are the petcock. If it's for a Scarab I "should" have some NOS decals as well.
KIMG7610.JPG KIMG7611.JPG KIMG7612.JPG KIMG7613.JPG KIMG7614.JPG KIMG7615.JPG

mini bike mini price bike was 300, your a rip off mark g
Just for kicks I ran some numbers. https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1970?amount=300#:~:text=%24300%20in%201970%20is%20equivalent,cumulative%20price%20increase%20of%20645.13%25.

Not that that matters. It isn't like you can run down to your local Speedway dealer and order a one year only tank that's fifty two years old.

You'd shit yourself if you knew what I've paid for some parts.

Also, why is it any of your business?

And lastly, no BS'ing in the classifieds:D

Makes me no difference if he paid 5 bucks for it. I appreciate him even offering it to me for any price. As hard of a time I've had trying to locate one the price seems very fair to me.
Thank you.