Sprocket mounting holes not lining up.

So I got my 60 tooth sprocket in th mail from OldMiniBikes warehouse, and all of the holes are off just enough that none of the holes line up. I'll probably end up drilling out the holes larger to fit. Has anyone else had this problem with sprockets from OldMiniBikes? I'm kinda pissed because now I have to do extra work to make it fit because it will cost half the price of the sprocket to send it back. [emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If that sprocket is an "Azusa Engineering" product (and I would bet it is)- no surprise.
Michael
I don't know who the manufacturer is, but I know that none of the holes line up which means extra work for me. It's not hard to drill the holes larger, but I was hoping to just bolt it up and go.

Generally the bolts fit with a very close/tight tolerance to the (factory drilled/sized) holes in the sprocket, so the sprocket cannot shift under torque. Drilling larger holes MAY allow that sprocket to shift (even slightly) which COULD cause a loose chain-tight chain-loose chain problem. If that large center hole fits snugly over a protrusion on your hub to keep it from shifting you SHOULD be OK, however.
Michael

I know what you're talking about as far as the sprocket shifting under torque, but this is far from that. every hole is just under a 1/4 inch off.

Instead of enlarging the existing holes to fit, I'd just drill new holes exactly where they need to be.
just before i saw your post i thought the same thing. The bore of the hole is the same. All i need to do is use my old sprocket as the template then drill 'em and be happy. Lol.

Sometimes I think it's better to simply buy a blank sprocket and have a machine shop do the drilling. For a project I'm currently working on, I bought an Azusa aluminum sprocket with a 1" center hole. Had it drilled and it's perfect. My 2.

Anybody know where to get blank sprockets for cheap? Ones that have x number of teeth but no hub hole or bolt holes?
Just type the sprocket you want into the search bar, for example you want a 41 chain sprocket with 60 teeth you would type in 41a60 (A) is the sprocket type :thumbsup: I just did one for another member and it was $41 for the sprocket w/shipping and then it was $30 to have the sprocket machined (most blanks only have a 3/4 center hole) and $12 to ship it to him so his total cost and I charged him nothing was$83 :thumbsup: He did have a Speedway rim and there are no aftermarket sprockets for that bolt pattern so to him it was worth it but is it worth it to every one :shrug: If you have a BIG lathe and a drill press to do the machining then yes, if you know some one to do the machining then yes, if you ask a machine shop to do a one off small job like that be prepared to pay up for it :doah:
https://www.motionindustries.com/productCatalogSearch.jsp?BUS_ACTION=SWITCH_LANGUAGE&LANGUAGE=0

Just type the sprocket you want into the search bar, for example you want a 41 chain sprocket with 60 teeth you would type in 41a60 (A) is the sprocket type :thumbsup: I just did one for another member and it was $41 for the sprocket w/shipping and then it was $30 to have the sprocket machined (most blanks only have a 3/4 center hole) and $12 to ship it to him so his total cost and I charged him nothing was$83 :thumbsup: He did have a Speedway rim and there are no aftermarket sprockets for that bolt pattern so to him it was worth it but is it worth it to every one :shrug: If you have a BIG lathe and a drill press to do the machining then yes, if you know some one to do the machining then yes, if you ask a machine shop to do a one off small job like that be prepared to pay up for it :doah:
https://www.motionindustries.com/productCatalogSearch.jsp?BUS_ACTION=SWITCH_LANGUAGE&LANGUAGE=0
Thanks. I'll check it out. I have a few people to ask about machining it for cheap before I purchase one.