Steens Frijole 1st Series Review

Edited

I guess I should point out that this thread was started as a discussion on the new repop Frijole clone. Forum etiquette varies from site to site, but generally if one is going to post a photo of something that is not related to the topic the original poster selected, then a new post in a separate thread is in order. Just common courtesy is all. Also with all due respect, most of us have built several motors from several different MFGRs with different carburetor options. There are threads for that and threads on IC motors specifically.

I am more than happy to assist anyone with starting a new thread where they can showcase their builds, because we are all interested in seeing what someone has done, and speaking personally, especially with flat head builds.

Last edited:
Edited

I guess I should point out that this thread was started as a discussion on the new repop Frijole clone. Forum etiquette varies from site to site, but generally if one is going to post a photo of something that is not related to the topic the original poster selected, then a new post in a separate thread is in order. Just common courtesy is all. Also with all due respect, most of us have built several motors from several different MFGRs with different carburetor options. There are threads for that and threads on IC motors specifically.

I am more than happy to assist anyone with starting a new thread where they can showcase their builds, because we are all interested in seeing what someone has done, and speaking personally, especially with flat head builds.

Fourtogo

So I purchased the Frijole View attachment 288880 View attachment 288881 View attachment 288882 View attachment 288883 View attachment 288884 View attachment 288885 View attachment 288886 Frame and Fork re-pop being made in Fresno Ca. The Craigslist ad was posted below in the Classified section. The frame is well made with nice welds. I’m happy with the quality. The engine plate has no mounting holes so you can set it up for your engine of choice. You will have to set up your kickstand. I’ve bought the ones which you weld the bracket. Taco style pegs are included. The frame comes with the scrub brake bracket but no scrub brake. The forks are beefier than stock Taco but are Not the Taco Mustache style plates. The forks have 1/2” bolt holes and the frame tube is 7/8” ID so you need to use bushings. I got a Niece in Fresno so she picked it for me. Kenny the seller is Cool and a Mini Bike Guy. He also offered Shipping. His friend is the one making them in small batches. I would buy this again.
What
So I purchased the Frijole View attachment 288880 View attachment 288881 View attachment 288882 View attachment 288883 View attachment 288884 View attachment 288885 View attachment 288886 Frame and Fork re-pop being made in Fresno Ca. The Craigslist ad was posted below in the Classified section. The frame is well made with nice welds. I’m happy with the quality. The engine plate has no mounting holes so you can set it up for your engine of choice. You will have to set up your kickstand. I’ve bought the ones which you weld the bracket. Taco style pegs are included. The frame comes with the scrub brake bracket but no scrub brake. The forks are beefier than stock Taco but are Not the Taco Mustache style plates. The forks have 1/2” bolt holes and the frame tube is 7/8” ID so you need to use bushings. I got a Niece in Fresno so she picked it for me. Kenny the seller is Cool and a Mini Bike Guy. He also offered Shipping. His friend is the one making them in small batches. I would buy this again.
is wheel base axle to axle will a flathead fit in it .

Wheelbase is 36” the same as an original also the same as a Taco 22. A 3hp Briggs will fit without the air cleaner. Thanks for the interest!
Nice Frijole Kenny! I think I’m going with a Briggs also or a Tec. since I got some in my stash. An adjustable jack shaft seems like the way to go also. TLJ

Broke Joke

These were done in a press, depending on the thickness of the tubing you are using it may be easier to make a cut thru the center of the pipe end and then smash and weld up the cuts

Fourtogo

These were done in a press, depending on the thickness of the tubing you are using it may be easier to make a cut thru the center of the pipe end and then smash and weld up the cuts
Never thought of that , sounds very workable action. I was going make a rounded V shaped die . To get that nice shape on tube .