Subaru 7 hp Fuel Injection - Stock

zook94

I can imagine a nice offroad kart, that would run at extreme angles without carb issues, but oiling would be a problem possibly.......

I would take a free sample to test for them :wink:

Ratbike

Injection...

Personally not a big fan of Robin engines as I've owned a few and found them to be somewhat under powered for the money. But nevertheless it is kinda COOL!!! And they are extremely user friendly!:surrender: Count me in on the free sample though!!

maddcarson

well does a timing chain make it any better or worse?? and good job Robin Subaru on fuel injection small engines. no if only they can make there small engines sound as good as ther rally cars

NJOHC

If somebody came out with a tuner box for this like they have for the cars it'd be great. Unfortunately I dont see much for them unless a karting class starts. Which, guys over at Bob's have said they'd like to start one with it. That would be cool to just be able to plug your engine up and control it electronically. Makes tuning a lot more precise and easier to squeeze some more power out of it.

65ShelbyClone

If somebody came out with a tuner box for this like they have for the cars it'd be great.
Directly from the article:

Murphy said the EFI system would also offer benefits on the service side. "We can provide our service dealers with software and a cable connection so that they can hook it up to a serial port and read everything that is happening when the engine is running," he said. "It also records information.
"It has 4 kb of memory, which isn't much if you're talking about a computer, but is a lot for what we need to know--like the highest temperature and speed the engine was running at, how many hours the engine was operated, etc. The dealer can see all this information and if there is something they're not sure about, they can just email it to us and we can bring it up and see the readings."
The ability to record things like maximum temp and engine speed means the ECU has some kind of flash memory and can very likely be altered for tuning purposes.

That said, I don't see much potential for the system from a performance standpoint. It uses a diaphragm fuel pump and only operates around 3psi, not 40+ like the majority of EFI systems. That means that it probably uses a special, non-standard injector that would be difficult to source in sizes larger than stock.

I looks cool, But all the extras put in that motor its going to be a expensive engine to fix down the road also. I wonder how water tight everything is, Minibikes have a way of getting muddy and wet sometimes. Water and electronics do not mix well!