Super Bronc project

Ratbike

I am considering selling my motor off my super bronc.It is a H70 with lighting coil.Has had the carb rebuilt new points,condenser,ect... It has lots of power,My bronc will do around 40mph with the tav on it. I mainly use big Tecs on all my mini bikes, but I am thinking of going in another direction as I have found the Tecumsehs to be tempermental at times.I plan on using this bike for some serious trail riding in the mountains where cell phones dont work, and I would feel much better about things if I had a brand new motor on it. The last one that sold on ebay went for $574 plus shipping ( I still have it saved ) I am open to offers or maybe trade plus cash, And if anyone has used an newer motor on a VT7 Super Bronc let me know what will fit. I am located in ohio. I have never shipped a motor before but I dont think it would be to much.

The TAV is not gonna be included. But I may consider letting the original clutch cover and mounting plates go with it if the deal is a good one

I appologize in advance to hent for the way I have this worded lol. But I really am just trying to get a realistic offer. I think $574 was a bit steep for an old motor, but if you are restoring one for show than I guess it might be worth to some guys. (not Me !! ):hammer:
Hey Leather, here are a couple of pics that may help...keep in mind this is a VT-5 and not the larger VT-7. I will have to take some pics of my VT-7 if you want to take a look at that, You can see how the brake drum is moved to the out side.Just noticed that my JS mount may be from a VT-7 and not a VT-5 as the sprocket is on the inside of the plate unlike yours in the above pic.

Last edited:

Ratbike

Leathernun 666

Here are some close ups of the VT-7 with the 11hp clone.... Hope this helps. The 6.5 may bolt right up but I'm not sure as I never even tried. But remember I had to extend the mounting plate and redrill holes to get the 11hp to fit, not sure you will want to do that as your projects are very close to stock. You may want to keep them that way...

No I really dont want to to chop em up or add any welds. Maybe I will just keep an eye out for a NOS or close to new big Tecumseh. I would love to put a clone on it but I would have to cut the Jackshaft mounts. What do you use on all your set screws in the shaft collars to keep them from loosening. Everytime I take it for a short ride I have to retighten evrything. My J.S is just a hair to short on the black one to use a nut on both sides.I guess I will have to get a longer one. That is the problem when you switch from the original clutch to a 30 series TAV driver and driven :hammer:

Ratbike

What do you use on all your set screws in the shaft collars to keep them from loosening. Everytime I take it for a short ride I have to retighten evrything. My J.S is just a hair to short on the black one to use a nut on both sides.I guess I will have to get a longer one. That is the problem when you switch from the original clutch to a 30 series TAV driver and driven :hammer:
Permatex Thread Locker Blue. Comes in a small tube. You can get it at Walmart or any automotive store. The red I believe is stronger yet as there are different grades of it but the one I use is the blue. It is also used on head and rod bolts when rebuilding engines ....:gunsmilie: