Super Scat Cat

Hi, used to build bikes years ago with my dad and we are taking the hobby back up again. Just got my bike back from powder coating and I'm excited.

I really loved how the wheels turned out, couldn't afford to get them chromed but for 35$ a wheel to powder coat they really came out nice. Gonna put a 6.5hp greyhound on it with a torque converter. Tank is being powder coated the same as the wheels, didn't get that back yet though

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wow...your wheels turned out great. Frame is looking good too. I'm just extra impressed with how the wheels look..almost like chrome.

Have fun man, and keep up the good work !

Thanks Robert, I'm really excited about it. Sent my seat out to Karen to get done, this is gonna be the most in depth I've built a bike. A lot of fun so far

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

What is the color called on the wheels? It sure does look good. The frame color is looking good too.

Doug
I have no clue [emoji23] I was picking out the color for the frame and he had a motor mount for a car sitting there in that color. So he said he had an idea instead of powder coating then entire bike the same color and he offered up the chrome color for the tank and wheels. The tank is still gone because it had dents in it, he is taking the dents out, sealing it and powder coating it

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I have no clue [emoji23] I was picking out the color for the frame and he had a motor mount for a car sitting there in that color. So he said he had an idea instead of powder coating then entire bike the same color and he offered up the chrome color for the tank and wheels. The tank is still gone because it had dents in it, he is taking the dents out, sealing it and powder coating it

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LOL.... I understand that. Please ask him what it is when you pick up the tank. I would like to know.

Thanks,

Doug

Just got my seat back from [MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] a couple days ago and it looks amazing, couldn't be happier.

Unfortunately haven't got the tank back yet but gonna start building the bike soon.

Got distracted working on an old fox that wasn't in the best shape but turned out pretty decent.

Couldn't figure out a air filter for a bit but found something at a flea market that works [emoji23]

Ding Ding

Be careful about leaving your chrome powder coated parts out in the sun. They do not hold up well to UV rays and will fade the reflective mirror finish in to a dull haze in no time. While the chrome powder coat is a cheap option over true chrome plating, it just doesn't hold up well in comparison.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what the guy powder coating was saying. He had a new color or powder that he used for another customer and said it held up a lot better then the other chrome colors he's used. I guess I'm the guinnea pig for him [emoji23] he said the same things that you said about the other colors he's used but this doesn't "rub off" like the others did and from what he's seen it's better in the sun. Time will tell, I guess we will see ha♂️

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Fenders have been mounted, motor is in place where it needs to be. All I need to do is hook up the throttle & brakes.

I can't seem to find the right fitting for the gas tank, I took it to ace, Home Depot, menards, napa, and cannot find the correct fitting for the tank. 3/8 fittings go on about 1 tread, I don't know if it's a 7/16 fitting or if it's a higher tread then what I am finding in local stores. If anyone knows/ has a link for what the right fitting would be I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I will start ordering different fittings off eBay until I hit one [emoji23]

I figured it out! Still have no clue what fits on the outer threads but I just tapped the inner and now I can get this bike going! Hopefully this weekend it will be going down the road! Then it's all about the build off bikes [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes