Taco 22 new build

Also of how Terry is designed TBolt , a 4000 rpm stall on the clutch . Rev limits on his “ HYPER “ racing engine is 7100 rpm . So no wheelie bar is needed .

Is your "good high school friend" Terry Nash? If so, my son worked at his engine shop in Upland, CA as an intern years ago when he was in high school. It was a great experience and he learned a lot about building small engines.
Michael
It’s together and Terry sent a riding video sitting on the frame , now he will disassemble and paint then do a final assembly, can’t wait to send of a picture Jim

The taco is completely disassembled, and Nash is applying two coats of primer, preheating the frame and forks, and preheating the paint for better adhesion, then proper Wimbolton, white, and then clearcoated . Also welded on a tab to install the rear Leyzene brake light that automatically comes on when braking 20231108_133929.jpeg 20231108_133929.jpeg 20231108_133929.jpeg 20231110_102631.jpeg

Is Terry (and his son Seth) still into kart racing and/or building kart engines? Are they still in California (last I heard they relocated to Riverside?) As I stated in an earlier reply my son Jeff really enjoyed working at Terry's shop in Upland, CA hen he was in high school. (He is 28 years old now)
Michael

Great to hear from you again Michael, yes Terry Nash still has his Kart racing engine shop called Hyper racing engines. He was working on eight engines between building my Taco . I watched him doing a blueprint build on one of them . His machine shop is in riverside ca, home still in LaVerne ca. his son Seth Nash had a very successful kart racing program. And his grandson placed hi in Europe driving one.. . Amazing to me was how using a dial indicator he was able to set up tolerances so tight that when the engine was torn down after a race, it would still be within tolerance and not just disqualified. Can’t wait to ride my Taco as he explained that he built a blueprinted racing engine for me as a suprise gift . He’s a true master

I’m pondering a finish on the exhaust pipe? Thoughts anyone? Also I’ll be installing the rear tail/brake light onto the tab under the seat that Terry added for it
That paint looks like engine paint, not exhaust paint. Can says rated to (only) 550 degrees- your exhaust temp will be (at the very least) VERY close to that or could even be higher.
Michael

Last edited: