Talk me out of this . . . Gambler 500

joshua. c.

if you set yourself up with a full suspension, low pressure tire, fat tire bike with a shock mounted seat I think it would help you allot. all three of those options would help soften the ride individually but if you built a bike with all three it would become a pillow on wheels.

if you set yourself up with a full suspension, low pressure tire, fat tire bike with a shock mounted seat I think it would help you allot. all three of those options would help soften the ride individually but if you built a bike with all three it would become a pillow on wheels.
I got one already like that, but it turned out too purty to thrash in a gambler race lol I guess that means I'll have to get another for race use only lol IMG_20201102_163334.jpg

So when I lived in the PNW there was this rally called Gambler 500 where people take the biggest POS vehicle and take it off road. It was a combination of comedy and humility as everyone cheers everyone on, no matter how bad their vehicle is. (The worse the vehicle, the more pumped people become) I think the originator off roaded a 1977 Cadillac Seville or something crazy like that.

Fast forward to today, and I just learned there is a Florida chapter of the Gambler 500 includes a group of "Gamblers" that take mini bikes off road on an over night trek through forest roads. I have to admit it looks fun, and I routinely take my DB30 off-road messing around with the neighbor kids on their dirt bikes.

At this point it just looks like too much fun.
go for it my dude if you have time and a good working bike do it (bring some tools and gas tho)