TAV Sale

Are the ones on E Bay the same as the ones from BMI? Is one better than the other?
From what I can tell they are all the same Chinese copy ones(probably all from the same main company). I don't think any are better than the other as far as the copies go. I have a copy from bullet lines and it looks identical to all the other ones out there.

I saw those...what I didn't see was any 'Comet' logos on any of the parts, which leads me to believe they aren't really Comet TAVs even though the listing has the word 'Comet' in the description.
They are trying to fool some people by putting that in the listing. But if you look close they do say that they are "comet style" or "comet replacements". They're definitely Chinese copies

You get what you pay for, buy an original COMET.
Everyone keeps saying that. I bet 90% of them have never had any experience with the copies. And I bet 90% of them would run a "clone" as opposed to a real Honda motor to save some money. I have to say I haven't had any experience with a real Comet one but all I can say is the "copy" I own works perfect and looks to be a very high quality piece. I have yet to see anyone who has had a problem with one of them.

My GTC TC-1004 chinese junk unit on a ironic GX390 pulling my 245lb fat a$$ around has been flawless. I was told by several resident experts that it would just shred belts. Speaking from experience and actually owning one its a very good unit without any issue. I guess I got lucky:shrug:
I am building a 8hp Briggs up on another scratch build up and have ordered the superior in quality TC-2 Comet. It uses the same belt the junk GTC unit uses and most of the parts interchange. I hope to report the results of the Comet as favorable as the junk "GTC" has been for me.
btw: My entire family inlaws and outlaws was riding this over the holidays and I would guess so far we have maybe 8-10 hrs run time on this bike. The belt looks like new and this mini hauls a$$