Tec carb on a Briggs

I saw this on someone else's post. Couldn't see how they had done it. Any insight? The linkage issue is a real problem and I'm wondering how he linked the cable to the carb itself.

markus

In the early 1970's GEM made an intake manifold (along with other performance parts, note the High fin head thats on the engine as well in the instructions) for the Tecumseh engines. The manifold came with a little kit you used to re route the throttle control and a spring return since you could no longer use the standard throttle control system. Might give you some ideas at least on getting something hooked up.

gem straight shot.jpg

I remember putting the carb off a 3hp Tecumseh on a Briggs 5hp engine when I was a kid back in the 70s and from what I remember that bike ran pretty good with that set up. The carburetor had a slight lean to it when bolted up but it worked good.

In the early 1970's GEM made an intake manifold (along with other performance parts, note the High fin head thats on the engine as well in the instructions) for the Tecumseh engines. The manifold came with a little kit you used to re route the throttle control and a spring return since you could no longer use the standard throttle control system. Might give you some ideas at least on getting something hooked up.

View attachment 256895
Well, that might actually be the way to go considering the wierd arrangement I've got going on.

markus

I wonder if that small part might be availible anywhere... off to the internets.
probably not, but the part was nothing more than a cut and bent piece of sheet steel. something can be made with with parts and tools from a hardware store. part is on the left there next to the sheet IMG_0914.JPG