Tec H50 New VS Old?

That's a Tecumseh Motorsports 5hp engine. They can easily be pushed to 12-20hp. You have to put them together though, but they are awesome motors, and that one is a good price. I almost bought an 'extra' one, as I already have 2 of them. They have billet rods, a different cam, crank etc...

No it has larger valves longer duration cam and special coil that does not retard timing as revs go up. Also strong billet rod. They were on competition with briggs and it was more than competitive with briggs blue wazoom.

No it has larger valves longer duration cam and special coil that does not retard timing as revs go up. Also strong billet rod. They were on competition with briggs and it was more than competitive with briggs blue wazoom.
And the governor has been removed...so it's quite a bit faster than your 1970 H50. Mine rips, but then again I had it sent to Mike Clements for some 'work.' He said he could push close to 20hp if I wanted...but I had to run alky. So I think 12-13hp is good enough on gas for me ;-)

markus

Well I looked at that Tecumseh 20 plus times ... phooey, I bought it ... This should bring the Hilltopper to life!
:thumbsup: should be fun!! Member Tmack made a nice lighting kit for the late model flywheels like those have. I have one of those Motorsports engines and want to put it on a bike that has lights. I got one, I have not installed it yet, but his kit is very well done!

:thumbsup: should be fun!! Member Tmack made a nice lighting kit for the late model flywheels like those have. I have one of those Motorsports engines and want to put it on a bike that has lights. I got one, I have not installed it yet, but his kit is very well done!
Interested in selling it?

markus

OK, Ill PM him ..

What does the kit consist of and what should I expect to pay?

Thanks
Kevin
Multi page instruction book, with full color photos Magnets, charging stator, mounting template, mount bolts and washers, and everything else you need to install. can't remember offhand what the actual total was or if pricing has changed since but it was shy of a $100 bill at the time of purchase. I expected a bag of magnets, a stator some scribbling on a sheet of paper of where the magnets should be mounted (that's what I would have done :smile:) but this is quite a well thought out kit for little money.

capguncowboy

Well I looked at that Tecumseh 20 plus times ... phooey, I bought it ... This should bring the Hilltopper to life!
It'll also bring that front wheel up! That's a big punch for your Hilltopper! I've got one that I'd like to do a resto-mod on. Let us know how it works out for you.

It'll also bring that front wheel up! That's a big punch for your Hilltopper! I've got one that I'd like to do a resto-mod on. Let us know how it works out for you.
After talking to a couple members on here I have decided to keep the Hilltoppers stock and save this motor for a Heald VT-8 project when the right bike comes along ..
I will the Tec running and ready ...