Tec HM-40 running problems

What would cause the engine to fall on it's face at top speed. After I reach top speed (still slow) if I open the throttle all the way the bike will cut out and act like it wants to die. If I let off the throttle and then roll on again slow then it will stay running. Basically I can not keep it going at full speed. Full speed, bog, let of throttle, slow down, roll throttle again, top speed, bog...... repeat. Thoughts?

What would cause the engine to fall on it's face at top speed. After I reach top speed (still slow) if I open the throttle all the way the bike will cut out and act like it wants to die. If I let off the throttle and then roll on again slow then it will stay running. Basically I can not keep it going at full speed. Full speed, bog, let of throttle, slow down, roll throttle again, top speed, bog...... repeat. Thoughts?
you need to adjust the fuel and air screws

I have been playing with them a bit. I tired 1 1/2 turns out on each as stated by a earlier post but it not like it at all. Seems like aroun 2 1/2 turns on the fuel and about 4 1/2 on air is the sweet spot. Still not as powerful as it should be but at least it does not cut out at full throttle.

I have been playing with them a bit. I tired 1 1/2 turns out on each as stated by a earlier post but it not like it at all. Seems like aroun 2 1/2 turns on the fuel and about 4 1/2 on air is the sweet spot. Still not as powerful as it should be but at least it does not cut out at full throttle.
wow thats to much you have air leak maybe a blown head gasket

Oh yea, 100% definite head gasket leak. As stated in a an earlier post I can feel the exhaust coming from under the head. Hopefully I can get the gasket at Mid-Ohio and have it fixed up and see if it helps. The leak explains why my compression is only at 60psi.

Oh yea, 100% definite head gasket leak. As stated in a an earlier post I can feel the exhaust coming from under the head. Hopefully I can get the gasket at Mid-Ohio and have it fixed up and see if it helps. The leak explains why my compression is only at 60psi.
Sounds like your carb needs to be cleaned also..

I cleaned the carb good when I got it and added a fuel filter. That doesn't mean that is doesn't need to be cleaned again. I will clean it again after I do the head gasket. I really think the new head gasket will make a big difference. Is the head gasket a pretty stright forward job? I assume it is nothing more than taking the head off, cleaning the surfaces and replacing the gasket. Do you guys use any RTV or other sealer on the gaskets?

I cleaned the carb good when I got it and added a fuel filter. That doesn't mean that is doesn't need to be cleaned again. I will clean it again after I do the head gasket. I really think the new head gasket will make a big difference. Is the head gasket a pretty stright forward job? I assume it is nothing more than taking the head off, cleaning the surfaces and replacing the gasket. Do you guys use any RTV or other sealer on the gaskets?
no dont use any sealer you take the spark plug out the pull starter cover off unbolt the head make sure you rember were each bolt goes then pull the head off you might wanna clean it up just use brake clean on it then wipe with a rag if you see oil doesnt mean that you have bad rings also you may have a fine gasket but a bad seal

Runs much better with the new head gasket. Actually there was no gasket on it before so I guess I should say it runs better WITH a gasket. Still has some issues but they should be easy to figure out.I rode it for about 30 minutes at Mid-Ohio. Still a bit sluggish but at least it carries me around. It is in NY right and I am in TN. I will be in NY in a few weeks so I will play with it then.