Tec HS35 CArb?

I've got a Sears edger motor that has a carb problem. It's a diaphram carb, and it sat with water in it from contaminated gas.:doah: It had rust inside the inlet and wouldn't flow any gas. I cleaned it out and cleaned carb, but it's still plugged up somewhere and not getting gas. Anyone know what part # carb I can replace it with? Or maybe someone might have one laying about? Thanks

I've got the same Sears edger and had to clean out the carb before also. You can go to Sears parts online and type in the edger model number then lookup the engine and you can order a new carb from there if you want. Last I looked they were around $80.

$80 is more than the thing is worth, so new carb isn't a workable solution. I cleaned out again and replaced diaphram in the carb. I can get it to idle now, but as soon as I move it to high speed it dies.

How big is the opening on your intake? Most of those carbs (at least mine where) TOO SMALL and restrict the engine. I have a pile of the useless bastards.

You need a bigger intake and a adjustable float bowl carb (3-7HP tec carbs are the same) for a mini. On flea bay it will cost you $20 and $60 but you could find used parts local and rebuild for $11.

How big is the opening on your intake? Most of those carbs (at least mine where) TOO SMALL and restrict the engine. I have a pile of the useless bastards.

You need a bigger intake and a adjustable float bowl carb (3-7HP tec carbs are the same) for a mini. On flea bay it will cost you $20 and $60 but you could find used parts local and rebuild for $11.
The intake has a little tiny hole, but the carb is bigger. You have a pile of the useless bastards as in carbs, or the intake manifolds with tiny holes?? If you've got a pile of diaphragm carbs send one to me and I'll use it! :smile:

I take a can of carb cleaner with the little red tube attached and blow cleaner through every hole in the carb. There is not much to that carb, it should clean up and be useable unless the throttle shaft is worn a bunch.

I take a can of carb cleaner with the little red tube attached and blow cleaner through every hole in the carb. There is not much to that carb, it should clean up and be useable unless the throttle shaft is worn a bunch.
I've done that multiple times. The throttle shaft is fine. The problem seems to be rust-related. I think the carb is plugged up inside somewhere with rust that no amount of soaking with carb cleaner or blowing out with air is going to clear. The needle also is getting stuck-probably from little particles of rust washing off the inside of the inlet fitting. Yesterday all the gas had run out of it through the carb. :censure: