Techumseh H50 HELP!!!!!!!!!

when i put the engine on full choke, crank it over about 10 times, it starts and smokes ALOT and runs for about 30 seconds if i blip the throttle, then if i put the engine on half choke while its running, it runs smoother and dosent smoke out of the muffler, but then after about 3 seconds it dies. and its literally IMPOSSIBLE to start it on half or no choke. the engine has great compression, a good working spark plug, and for now no air filter on it. your help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

jeep4me

Check all your jets. Make sure that all of the port holes are clear of any blockages. If the bolt on the bottom of the carb, the one that holds the bowl on, is clogged at all it will cause you alot of problems. Run a piece of wire thru the holes to clean them out. You can also try some carb cleaning solution that you actually soak the entire carb, minus any seals or plastic pieces, overnite. Then rinse it off and put it back together, it ends up running like a brand new carb. You can get a 1 gallon can of the solution at NAPA or Autozone for $20-$30. I highly recommend it.

Also on the holes he mentioned cleaning look above the threads on the bowl nut generally located directly above the big hole is a small hole and its had to find . That hole runs on a 45 degree angle . I generally run a bread wrapper wire through it . Then I clean it with carb cleaner and rin the wire through again . If your not used to cleaning these carbs that hole can be easily over looked . Kevin

take float bowl off carb........hold float.............shake carb up and down... listen for rattle........if no rattle present the idle passage check valve is stuck. it may just be gummed up or it may be rusted and stuck.......if gummed it may be able to be cleaned by soaking, if rusted......carb replacement will be needed.
I have adjustable carbs in stock and am sure I will beat the majority if not all of pricing on them. If I can help....just shoot me an email. I stock all the vintage Tecumseh engine parts...RuppParts@aol.com