Tecumseh engines

I did a search on 6 hp tecumseh engines,and I have found some sites with good prices on them.There are two choices in the 6 hp the power sport and the enduro.The enduro has a cast iron sleeve cylinder,and is a little more money.Is it worth the extra??

I have a 6 HP Tecumseh powersport in one of my DB30, I like it. The cast iron sleeve engine should last longer than the aluminum bore one thats in the powersport. I.m surprised all the Tecumseh OHV engine bashers haven't post any of there comments on here. I did kinda a custom DB30 and used a Tec. Powersport 6hp engine I had on it and got a page of how crappy the engine was one it. The carburetors are not the best on them but you can swap them out with the adjustable ones Tecumseh makes that was used on the minibikes. I.m going to build a new intake and put a Motorcycle style 20mm carburetor on mine someday. It does not make the power the Clone engines do or have the after market Hop up parts availible for them like the clones do. I think the carb is part of the promblem with the Tecumsehs OHV engines. Heres the one I used on my DB30 with a TAV.

Last edited:
Yea i was one of the peaeple that posted the basher coments man lol i just dispise plastic camshafts thats the only thing bout them i realy dont like that an the goofy intake system on them