Tecumseh for Fox

poppa

Need a Tecumseh for a Fox(engine sits at an angle). Just something that will work,doesn't need to be "numbers matching" type. 3 to 3.5 hp. For grandson's mini. Thanks,Joe

You can use either a Tecumseh engine that has the diaphragm carb on it. Or you can use briggs and startton engines with the pulse jet type carbs where the gas tank is part of the carburetor.

poppa

I've had two different B&S in it. When I shut them off they kick and break the pull start.Clamp them to my bench and thay don't. And yes,I can't fit an air cleaner on.Thanks for the reply.

markus

I have a tec 3.5 power sport I'm not using. It was mounted on a Sensation go-devil (angle mount bike) that I bought for some parts. It does have a bowl carb, which will work but the diaphragm carbs are a better choice.

it has not been run in awhile and the carb will need cleaned out, etc, no internal problems. it does have a pulley clutch on it which may or may not work for you. Has good compression etc..

If your in WI and you paypal me, I can sell it for $65 shipped UPS.

Huh, I never heard of the BS kick back thing...They will if you chop the valves off way short but it will just do that all the time.. I've used them on Rupps and they always worked like they were supposed to. I can't see how tilting it would change the way the cam or timing works.. I've seen people tilt the bowl carbs but it seams like it would overflow and leak and cause problems.

poppa

I was thinking ,maybe,something with it sucking the gas.Don't know for sure though,but it seems weird two of them doing the same thing. Thanks for the reply

markus

I guess I can do that, I use paypal for shipping but I can figure it out.

I'll pm you my info, just let me know if you decide want it and are sending payment.

Hi Joe, I have a 5 horse tecumseh all rebuilt and ready to run. I know it has a little more horse than you wanted but it is set up for angle mounting. I have several angle carb manifolds should you need one for another engine. I also have a few diaphram carbs all rebuilt that i sell on ebay now and then. just let me know!