Tecumseh H50 Billet Rods

A year of testing has proven my H50 Billet rod made of 7075 T-6 alloy is a winner! No more worry about cast stock rod breakage with high RPM and modified engines. Direct bolt in, no other modifications req'd. Micro polished bearing surfaces. High strength rod bolts are included.

7075 T-6 description: Aluminum alloy 7075 is one of the highest strength aluminum alloys available. It's strength to weight ratio is excellent, and it is ideally used for highly stressed parts such as aircraft components. Thus it is known as a true "Aircraft Grade" aluminum.

Just, Nitrous is nothing new here, I have toyed with it for ages. The guys that go to Windber have seen my bike with nitrous. 7075T-6 will for sure take a shot of NOS......besides a 50 shot will never pan out due to not using wet systems. A 50 shot on a dry system will immediately lean out the engine to the point it has no power which in no way will hurt the rod. We make our engines run with internal goodies and knowledge, anybody can call Jegs and order a "baby" bottle...lol...Don't get me wrong NOS is cool stuff but I personally hav never used it on any of my drag cars and just toyed with it on the mini for something to do.

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

That's a nice CNC rod there. I noticed it doesn't use bearing inserts....no problem with sticking to the crank?

Need to borrow my Dremel Tool?
MY Dremel says Haas on the side. :thefinger: Okay, okay, it would say that if I still worked where I did. :wink:

Something I have been DYING to see is a steel rod and forced-oiling cranks. Some of the karters are demanding Ti rods and they know they'll cost bank, but they're in for a surprise when they find out the recommended replacement interval. IMO, a lightweight CrMo rod would do just as well and lost a lot longer.

The crazy stuff I want to do just about requires a steel rod anyway. :eek:ut: I planned to make one when I still had at least manual mill access, but that dried up a while ago.

65ShelbyClone

No kidding? In that case I can't help but wonder why rods that use bearing shells are so popular now.

If you think about it, 30-40 years ago about the best you could get was paraffin-based oil, yet babbitt bearing weren't used. Fast forward to today and oils are far and away better, yet bearing shells are the norm on aftermarket rods.

what the :censure: man this threads three years old please check date heres the link to the site
PartsList when you on there click on the bar an got to engine then hit show me the parts
That doesn't necessarily mean he will be able to buy the Part.

If you are able to purchase the part & receive it... Please let me know as I had heard that they were not available.

Does anyone know of a reliable source of Billet Rods for the TEC H60 Engine?

Thank you.

That doesn't necessarily mean he will be able to buy the Part.

If you are able to purchase the part & receive it... Please let me know as I had heard that they were not available.

Does anyone know of a reliable source of Billet Rods for the TEC H60 Engine?

Thank you.
yea i know rupp parts stop sellin the cam shaft to simply cause it was hard on valve train so you never know and no sorry i dont think there are any for the H60 i could be rong though