tecumseh rebuild ?s

gbones

im in the process of rebuilding a tecumseh 3 hp. i went to the local lawn mower/tecumseh dealer the other day. i was hoping he could get me a re-build kit, but he said he coudnt because the motor is too old. he said its a late 60's - early 70s. so ive been looking on line and i found a site that sells rebuild kits. johnsgokarts.com, my ? is, will these rebuild parts fit my engine, or are they for newer engines? i need all the gaskets, replace the piston rings and rebuild the carb. i dont want to spend all this money on the wrong parts. heres a pic of the numbers, if anyone has info on this motor could you please help me. sincerly the newb

Last edited:
im in the process of rebuilding a tecumseh 3 hp. i went to the local lawn mower/tecumseh dealer the other day. i was hoping he could get me a re-build kit, but he said he coudnt because the motor is too old. he said its a late 60's - early 70s. so ive been looking on line and i found a site that sells rebuild kits. johnsgokarts.com, my ? is, will these rebuild parts fit my engine, or are they for newer engines? i need all the gaskets, replace the piston rings and rebuild the carb. i dont want to spend all this money on the wrong parts. heres a pic of the numbers, if anyone has info on this motor could you please help me. sincerly the newb
Contact Brandt at Ruppparts.com I'll bet he ether has, or can get the parts for that engine

If you shoot me an email, I can send you a pdf of the parts and specs for your engine so you can have reference numbers (i.e., parts and engine series numbers). The earlier engines had point based ignitions, while the later (past '82 or '83, I believe) had solid-state ignition. Let me know and I'll send the stuff to ya!

gbones

If you shoot me an email, I can send you a pdf of the parts and specs for your engine so you can have reference numbers (i.e., parts and engine series numbers). The earlier engines had point based ignitions, while the later (past '82 or '83, I believe) had solid-state ignition. Let me know and I'll send the stuff to ya!

thanks for the help. i just sent you a private message with my personal email. i was told on here that i have points ignition (this is my first engine rebuild so im learning as i go) i was also told that could just replace the points and condensor instead of the whole magneto. would that work or should i replace the whole magneto. it looks beat, the wire is frayed etc. heres some pics of the magneto.

Last edited: