Tecumseh that will probably do nothing but collect dust

Back when Sears decided to stop selling engines, a friend of mine bought a close out Tecumseh engine for $10. After sitting in his garage for years, he decided to give it to me. Now it sits in my office looking pretty. It has never been used or even had oil put into it (unless the factory put a little in).

As I look over my growing fleet of mini bikes, I was tempted to use this 6HP Tecumseh. But I got over it. No, I think I will be happier leaving it sit on the shelf.
20210128_230308.jpg 20210128_231833.jpg 20210128_232015.jpg 20210128_232030.jpg

Really cool engine, however, with that configuration (large highly elevated fuel tank) it will be too tall to fit in almost all minibikes- It would be nice for a go-kart.
Michael

Really cool engine, however, with that configuration (large highly elevated fuel tank) it will be too tall to fit in almost all minibikes- It would be nice for a go-kart.
Michael
Well, that confirms the need for keeping it on the shelf!

"Sorry, Honey, it won't fit on the mini-bike. It will just have to stay on the shelf."

The problem I would have is...Hmm I got this nice ass motor sitting on my shelf...I wonder how it runs??? Now I have to go find another one just to see how bad ass it really is. Now I kind of want one just to see.....very nice piece you have there