tecuseh hs50 crankcase removal

i need some help here i can not get my crankcase off and i can not find a lock ring or any thing the shaft moves with it help.:confused: i want to remove the governor

Some HS50 engines have a ball bearing and snap ring behind the oil seal. You will have to pry the seal out to get to the snap ring. You will probably have to get a new oil seal after this too.

If you don't find a snap ring then you will just need to clean the crank shaft with some fine sand paper and it should come off.

Yeah what Rupp said, I have the same engine with the clip inside.

If you don't want the hassle you could put a wire in the gov/throttle spring to keep the spring from stretching when the gove goes to pull back on the throttle. Doesn't seem to be as bad to do this mod on flat head Tec's as it is on other engines. Just make sure the engine is turned off and you have it long enough and test it with the wheel off the ground.

And of course don't over rev your engine.

are tecumseh hs50 engines flat heads? if it is that is cool and i am planning to put valve springs and a 18 mm dirt bike carb on it too! so will i need to get billet rods so i dont blow it up..
and about the oil seal mine seems to be connected to the case like it is metal or some thing! :hack:

the oil seals for the hs50 are becoming a little scarce , been waiting mfg 2 weeks ,they said should be in this week . in canada could take 6 weeks and twice as much coin .:thumbsup: