Texas / New Mexico Meet and Greet?

Texas / New Mexico / Oklahoma: Meet N' Greet?

• Sign me up!!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Somewhat interested, but I have other ideas

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Too much hassle

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

tex-41

So... I don't even have a bike yet... working on it, but not yet. But seeing as Texas was never really a mini bike state (not as much as Cali or the east coast), I want to bring mini biking to Texas in 2013. So here's my proposal...

Is there any interest / desire in starting an annual or monthly get together in Texas? North Texas, Central Texas, New Mexico, even Oklahoma? There may already be such a thing I just don't know about.... :doah:

We all meet up somewhere for a day, or a weekend, do some camping, do a LOT of riding :scooter: :thumbsup: and take lots of pictures.

Somewhere central so it's an even drive for everyone. Bring burgers, beer, stories, and bikes :scooter:

So..... anyone interested? Just putting out a feeler...

tex-41

35 views and this is the FIRST response lol.

Yea, that would be pretty cool. I kinda want to build a track bike anyway :laugh:

Anyone else? :shrug:

tex-41

So... basically what I'm getting from this... is that if/when I do finally build my bike, there won't be anyone who wants to do a meet up to ride... so... I'll be ridin solo... :scooter:

Awesome... :frown:

Hello tex-41,

I really don't have anyone to ride with either. I guess the good news is we are not surrounded by millions with standing room only like east/ west coasts, although seems to be getting more and more crowded around here.

I have a really fun place to ride. If you were closer, I would welcome you to come out, but Lubbock is very far from Dallas. :shrug:

I recommend getting your minibike, stay in touch with this site and enjoy. Maybe we will have enough for a big get together someday. :thumbsup:

Cheers

there is a group of people that would be interested for sure. I just went to a gathering in San Antonio, a couple of months ago and there were plenty mini bike enthusiasts there. They are not all on this site, so don't let the low response intimidate your initiative. There are also a shit ton of guys that show up to the Lone Star Round Up annually in Austin that race a dirt oval. They are true vintage gear heads and if the word gets around to them as well, it might be a good turn-out.

tex-41

Well, after much deliberation, I'm gonna go ahead and get my welder and fab up a bike. This has been a big deal for me, cuz right now... $500 is a lot for me. :pimp:

But being a mechanical engineering student, I figure... I'll wind up doing something with it anyway, and just trying to build something.

If I get my bike up and running, all the better :thumbsup:

And Dallas / San Antonio is nothing.... I used to drive from Lemoore, CA to San Diego every weekend (675 miles round trip). It's not a bid deal really :cool2:

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I'll keep on truckin :scooter:

I got interested in minibikes because of the guys at the Lonestar Roundup. I'm hopin' to have mine down there next year. Isn't there a little drag strip just across the border from Oklahoma? Where that big junkyard is? What are the H.A.M.B. guys doing? Maybe they will let us play at one of their drag meets. And there'll be cool cars to look at too. And there's also the "Gasser" crew. If you wanna travel to New Mexico, I know a guy out there that owns a strip. Thundervalley might be up for it, if we slip them 20 bucks.(or so) I'm in if something comes up.

Cool, I'll keep this idea alive and once we get organized and ready, we'll pull the trigger and get together some weekend :gunsmilie: