Thank you HENT!

I think there is a lot more fabricators on here than ever before just out of necessity.

I hope this will take off and be a productive part of the Forums.

Doug

Help me out, what sort of topics are anticipated? How-To’s, Custom Parts, Welding repairs?

All, some, or noe of the above?

Thanks,
Don

I can generate a pick-apart list of the steps involved in fabrication. But it would require proof-reading and editing by the group. From that point, a specific step could be selected and threads started on that given step, like everyone’s favorite, welding.
I will have some time to post in a few days or more.
Steve

Topics about tightening loose head tube bushings and loose swing arms would be quite useful. Also, stick, tig and mig welding methods on tubing and thin metals. I'm sure a primer on tube bending and notching would also be helpful for building and repairs.

Topics about tightening loose head tube bushings and loose swing arms would be quite useful. Also, stick, tig and mig welding methods on tubing and thin metals. I'm sure a primer on tube bending and notching would also be helpful for building and repairs.
I got this part covered. :thumbsup:

I will take pictures of all the bending accessories that we have at school and post the proper way to find the bend point and how to lay out the bends.

This will take a few days to gather everything but it is coming.

I am not sure about the bushings. Are you talking about a frame member that is worn or the bushing has gotten sloppy or the bolt hole is worn?

Doug
[MENTION=1]Hent[/MENTION] There is a thread about aluminum frames that is from this year that would be good here too.
Thanks for populating this. I like it. Cattailhaas (I think that is spelled wrong...) has a couple of threads on making Tec style mufflers that would be right at home here too.

Last edited:
I fix bolt holes that are oblong with a brass rod of the proper diameter for the bolt or shaft that is used in that hole.

I use a piece of brass round rod that is long enough to go through all the holes that the bolt would pass through. I then weld around the brass with the MIG and just clean up what is left. Just weld towards the steel and keep filling so that you completely fill the hole. Sometimes you have to tap the brass rod out but tight is never a bad thing.

I have fixed front control arm bolt holes this way on several occasions and never had an issue with the end result.

A bad neck or swing arm tubing is usually a remove and replace. If you have a piece of tubing that is the correct size and wall thickness you could just slot the tube and carefully fit in a new patch.... This is the sort of thing that you really have to make a call on when it is in hand.

Does this help?? I know pictures would help if we had them.

Doug