The Rupp Rat

So I've been absent for years, and this is continuation of a project I mocked up years ago. This is a down and dirty build. A true rat bike
I started with a Rupp black widow? Maybe enduro? frame that has its swing arm mounts ripped off. And some unknown 80cc Yamaha donated it's swing arm. And wheels. I replaced the 80cc forks for much beefier ones, idk what they came off of

and you can see here I got the forks to slip right ok with some bronze bushing I turned down on the lathe to fit

Next I mocked up the rear with 12" shocks from who-knows-were, built some adjustability into the rear suspension

Here's a size reference to my ZJ. It's got a good wheel base I have a good gas tank and seat for it ready to go on

Lastly I turned my attention the clone motor,
Arc rod, adjustable flywheel and knock off 22mm carb. I have a intake manifold, 18lbs spring and 1.3.1 rockers on the way.

That's basically it for today, I'll update as I go

Sent from my Fischer price Speak and Spell

Last edited:
Nice bikes, are those pit bike parts? One time I did a build with a smaller frame/tires. But I'm a tall guy, for this build I wanted something with more beef.

Looks like I'll have about 7" of travel up front and 8" in the rear, should be a comfy rider

Sent from my Fischer price Speak and Spell

Last edited: