Three things I learned the hard way.

My left thumb got wrapped around a 17/32" drill bit and stalled the motor (total luck for my thumb). The bone broken, tip of my thumb pointing the opposite way it used to and the top of my thumb sliced mostly off by the drill flutes. What a MESS I made that night for not bothering to use vise grips to hold the part!

mustangfrank

My left thumb got wrapped around a 17/32" drill bit and stalled the motor (total luck for my thumb). The bone broken, tip of my thumb pointing the opposite way it used to and the top of my thumb sliced mostly off by the drill flutes. What a MESS I made that night for not bothering to use vise grips to hold the part!
I was going to chime in with my leverage pipe/intimidator/balancer bolt to the forehead story but I don't want to follow your horrific injury that soon! OUCH! I used to work in Orthopedists offices, several had photo albums of before and after injuries just like that, you probably made some doctor's "hall of fame" album.

I don't even feel right "Liking" your post?

These blood, gore and horror stories need to be told to remind young members and adults too about how dangerous tools and machines can be when they are used in a careless manor. Pictures are optional but will help to get the message across!

Sure, you can like my post...I will take it as a reminder not to be careless again! If there are enough "likes" I will share how my nose got broken with a 48" pipe wrench while out in the woods.

toomanytoys

My only stupid injury happened when I was cutting 1-1/2" bolts out of a frame work that supported a belt drive. I always used a pick hammer and a 3lb hammer to knock the bolts out of the frame. I was going around the base knocking the bolts out when I felt a pinch in my hand. I look down and my glove is soaked in blood. Pulled my glove off and there was a nice little entry wound in my hand. A piece of the hammer chipped off.

ER, surgery and 4 weeks later everything was back to normal!

These days I carry a dead blow hammer with me to do this task.

In my job you only have what tools you can carry on your person. I'm miles away and no easy way to get to a tool box. So I try to only carry tools that have a multiple purpose. I try to keep my tool bag manageable but it probably comes in around 50lbs.