Throttle hook up Briggs model 13 and brake hook up parts needed

Okay I didn’t know how to word the posting. But I need a few parts to hook up my brake cable. I’ll try to edit the pic to point were they go. I don’t know the exact name or what there called. Does this brake setup use a return spring?

Then I got a new throttle cable as the one I’ve got don’t open all the way. Think they did this cuss it’s a thumb throttle and the cable was very short. I’ve got a longer cable and would like to make it so it will open all the way….they also have the gov unhooked. It’s still installed! will that hurt anything on the Briggs flat head like it can on the predator?

Attachments

Also, yes, running without the governor and over-revving a Briggs flat-head can break the rod or make the flywheel come apart, just like on a Predator.
Yeah I know over reviving it can blow it up. I mean can anything clash on the inside with that just flopping around unhooked? Thanks for the pics do you know what mm cable adjuster it takes I’ve seen a few different sizes.

DaddyJohn

Yeah I know over reviving it can blow it up. I mean can anything clash on the inside with that just flopping around unhooked? Thanks for the pics do you know what mm cable adjuster it takes I’ve seen a few different sizes.
It’s definitely better to remove the internal gear and weights if that’s how your governor works (some have an external vane-type thing going on). I think the “hack” is to zip tie the governor arm down against the weight actuated plunger so it can’t advance and come off the shaft inside. Don’t take my word for gospel on that though.

For the cable guides, just match it to the OD of your cable housing. I’ve used marine heat shrink (the kind with glue inside) to upsize the cable housing if the guide is too big.