Tin can guitar winter project

Got bored and decided to make a guitar.
- Reeses Tin from early 90's
- Oak neck
- Oak bridge and nut
- Ibanez velve tuners from an late 70's Artist

The intonation is way off right given the height of the strings so I'm pricing rosewood so I can step up the height of the neck and then add some frets. I'll have to redo the bridge & nut then. This is my first attempt at any woodworking/luthier work so it's a pretty cool learning process. It sounds like a cross between a banjo and a dobro.

I'm guessing your left handed ? :)
Yes sir.

Show us the inside. In always wanted to make a cigar box guitar.:thumbsup:
The neck just goes all the way to the back of the tin and is bolted down. Otherwise the tin would just fold up once you tighten the string. I'd like to make a cigar box too. This is my first attempt at making instrument so I kept the design pretty simple. I'm definitely going to have to raise the neck because the intonation is off extremely bad with the current height of the strings.

That's cool. I learnt me something today about making instruments. Originally, I measured the length of my dreadnought neck from the 1st to 12th fret. I didn't take into account how long the entire scale was (from the bridge to the nut). I figured out that the nut to the 12 fret(bridge side) or octave is half the entire scale. Considering that, my tin guitar has become a violin of some sort. Hopefully, while I'm home for Christmas, I can get my old luthier to help me form a curved neck like a violin. So, the tin guitar has become a tin violin. I'll just use my chin rest from my violin temporarily.