Tired Iron

Well, after almost four months my order from Tired Iron arrived. Only three weeks after I called and he said it was in a box ready to ship. Just thought I would pass it on for general information.

I Was Curious If Anyone Had Actually Received Anything - I've Not Been Able To Find Another Source For Sachs Engine Parts, Though. Any Suggestions??

They didn't take a credit card so I sent a money order. Figured I would get stiffed there if I cancelled so I just rode it out. Their web site said they had problems and lost all of their computors and were 2 weeks or so behind on orders so I gave them some benefit there. The last time I called it was in a box ready to ship and was told it would go out that day or the next day. It didn't get shipped for two more weeks????
Anyway, just wanted to pass on my experiance for anyone that may be considering buying from them. Anyone else out there have the same service from them?

ive been waiting a while for my parts as well, but i spoke to the owner and he's a cool guy. It sounds like a huge pain to deal with things the way they are with his inventory all boxed up.

"I currently work with my mom.................."
I believe in family values and all that, but that one statement is enough to tell me to look elsewhere. It makes me want to know just how old the person I'm dealing with is. And I know age isn't necessarily a factor in any kind of service, good or bad. Maturity is.

bikesisbikes, i think you misunderstood.

I'm pretty sure "Bob" is the owner, and "the mom" is his wife, and the one doing the talking is the son.

They've had so many problems that at this point, its not really excusable. Packing up shop and selling it off to someone who can handle it, would be the wise thing to do. It's unfortunate that the guy has had so many health issues, but it's not fair to hold peoples money/parts and rarely update them on the status.

Everyone feels differently about this subject, but I think it's just bad business to keep it going like this... even if they are the only ones with the parts. Someone will get them some day :thumbsup:

I think there are probably a bunch of salvage/junk yards with enough two-wheelers to pull off a Tired Iron type of site...they just focus on the car parts and construction equipment postings and let foot traffic scrounge the less-profitable minibike/scooters/old motorcycles piles...

I've seen several salvage yards in rural Alabama that didn't even have internet access...they networked over the phone...and they had dozens of vintage minibikes and old motorcycles laying around with apparently no local interest in them at all...

Last edited: