to tube or not to tube? that is the question

i have just ordered a nice set of kenda super pocket bike tires (13x6.5-6) street tread, for my old style doodlebug because i am sick and tired of ripping knobbies off riding on the road.. but it never occured to me while i was placing the order that the new tires may require tubes. since i am using the stock one piece rims do i need to use tubes or not? i know the stock tires are tubeless but of course the website i ordered the new ones from makes no mention of whether or not tubes are required. if i can get away with not using tubes i would prefer that, or is it better to have tubes? i have no idea. any help? thanks.

i went ahead and ordered the tubes just in case, but it sucks because since i ordered them separately i had to pay for shipping twice! that sucks but oh well. still would like to know if i need them or not. if not....anyone need some brand new tubes? cheap

They are doing a lot of new roofs in my neighborhood. A while back I picked up a shingle staple. Same could happen to you, then you will need a tube.

Actually, I was able to patch the leak, but I used a tube one of my DB30 tires that would not bead up. So, handy to have a tube or 2 around just in case. :thumbsup:

Well I was able to cancel the order for the tubes but now I wish I hadn't. probably would have come in handy somewhere down the road. Oh well, thanks for the input I appreciate it

you can get tubes with slime already in them. Never have to worry about a hole. Thats what I would do and have done:thumbsup: