Transaxle trike

I finished this proect today. It is a homemade trike that I used a riding lawnmower trans axle for a drive system. It actually turned out pretty cool. I have a 6 hp motor on it that was from a trash picked power sprayer. I love that it has reverse. I am going to put it on craigslist tonight. I have too may things here. I wont be jumping any hills, but I could see it used as a work horse for the lawn or cruising trails.

thats cool. I've been thinking of doing something like that.

If you put a smaller pulley on the transaxle, that trike will go faster. Large pulley on the engine, small on the transaxle.....the basic hot rod lawnmower trick. Cool ride

Vinnyb, hope that tryke isn't gone yet, please post more pics of the frame work and "guts" I've got an old Craftman rider that i stole the engine from, was thinking of doing the same with the transaxel from that maybe I could get some ideals, would of been nice to see some progress pics too!
dave

Sold it......

I put it on Craiglist and received e mails for it right away. I got $200 for it. I could have maybe got more, but I didn't have too much into it and I wanted to be fair. It is fun. I will use a tranaxle again but next time on a go kart. It was actually quite easy. I will use a belt clutch next time though. :scooter: