Tryingto get my Keystone going

jmd

Came across this site and thougtht keen - others with a keystone - maybe they can help meget my olkd bike going. Not sure when aI got it probalby 71 or 72 and put alot of hours on it. Got ita Eatons (mail order) in Moncton and when it was new and working I got lots of parts thorugh Eatons. It is not running now and probably hasn't really run since the late 70's. spent the last 30 years in the back ofthe shed. Now I would liketo daughter to ride it - I think she could have fun on it if she can work the clutch - it is pretty stiff. It is is in pretty good shape - all I really need is a brake cable and probalby new points. Working on getting the engine going first - need a gear puller to get at the mag and get some part numbers to see if I can geta new coil, condenser, etc. A small engine mechanic has agreed to take a quick look at it in the evenings so I took it over to his house or I would take a picture and include it. I have the original pamphlet that came with the bike which talks about oil type and timing settings, etc. but no specs on parts. Maybe we can all share as we try to get our bikes going. Gladto be a part of this group.

Came across this site and thougtht keen - others with a keystone - maybe they can help meget my olkd bike going. Not sure when aI got it probalby 71 or 72 and put alot of hours on it. Got ita Eatons (mail order) in Moncton and when it was new and working I got lots of parts thorugh Eatons. It is not running now and probably hasn't really run since the late 70's. spent the last 30 years in the back ofthe shed. Now I would liketo daughter to ride it - I think she could have fun on it if she can work the clutch - it is pretty stiff. It is is in pretty good shape - all I really need is a brake cable and probalby new points. Working on getting the engine going first - need a gear puller to get at the mag and get some part numbers to see if I can geta new coil, condenser, etc. A small engine mechanic has agreed to take a quick look at it in the evenings so I took it over to his house or I would take a picture and include it. I have the original pamphlet that came with the bike which talks about oil type and timing settings, etc. but no specs on parts. Maybe we can all share as we try to get our bikes going. Gladto be a part of this group.
Just a shot in the dark but do you still have the bike?