Two piece wheels?

I've never messed with them before. I'm assuming this is a two piece:

I took the bolts out, took the "star" and the sprocket/drum off, and still can't get it apart. I REALLY don't wanna damage the wheel prying on it with screwdrivers to get the tire off. should I just cut the tires off? I wanna change the tires, paint the wheels, and put in new bearings.

Advice?

Actually..counting the stars..they are 4 piece rims. They should split apart. Just be careful with the stars. They will take a lil time to work them off that nasty old tire.:thumbsup:

the problem is the one side fits tight on the hub so it has to slide off the length of it. just work at it a bit and it should loosten up. usually just the act of prying the tire away from the bead will loosten it up

Just use a long thin pipe down through the center and tap the bearing out through the oposite site or even a 3/8 drive extention will work fine:smile:
I've always opted for a brass rod!
Softer than most of the metals so it won't damage the parts you're pounding on!
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Then the tap out instructions go forward!

I've always opted for a brass rod!
Softer than most of the metals so it won't damage the parts you're pounding on!
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Then the tap out instructions go forward!
True but if he doesnt need to save the bearing it wouldnt matter and if he can split the rim it will be eazy to nock it out from the back side :hammer:

....When they're rusty inside they're tough to get apart.
No doubt! Took me about two hours and a good amount of Kroil, but it finally separated. I still have one bead of the tire to remove, but then I can get all the rust off and then paint. Then I can start on the front wheel...:hammer::thumbsup: