Two Wires off the Magnetron...

Harquebus

I've got an old but not ancient Briggs 5hp, 130212 series manufactured in 1991. Most of the parts are intuitively reassembled after disassembly but I forgot the orientation of these two wires... Seems most breakdowns show only one wire.
:confused:

One has a ring terminal on the end and the other is bare. The latter is ostensibly for linking up with a length of wire and a remote kill switch but where does the ring terminal fasten to? Seems if it was attached to either leg of the magnetron, it would be permanently grounded and never start.

Many thanks.

Attachments

chrisr

I think the two wires was, one for a kill switch and the other mated wire went to the throttle assembly on the engine so when you went to slow/off it would also kill the engine.

Harquebus

BA-BAM. I think you're on to something and you have me thinking "outside of the (blower) box". I say that because the ring-ended wire is long enough to reach out of the blower housing and...under the gas tank where the other/main kill switch was located.

I discarded all that mess and any and everything to do with the governor. I threw out my short term memory along with it. The illustration shows what I presume is this long wire coming down from the upper left and fastened by that nut.

Briggs Throttle Return.jpg

THANKS. :thumbsup:

Last edited: