unidentified knocking sound

I'm getting an occaisional loud knocking sound coming from somewhere on the bike.( db-30 with 6.5 lifan.) At first I thought it was the motor until I coasted down my street with the engine off. There it was again! The chain is not loose, and I cant think of where else it might be coming from. Everything seems to be tight. The noise is coming from somewhere below me but I cant tell if it's from the front or rear. Any guesses ?
:confused::confused:

jeep4me

If the chain is too tight and out of alignment it may be trying to jump the sprocket, Alot of times on those db's the chain is set WAY too tight by the guys at Pepboys, Tractor Supply or where ever you bought it. There should be at least 1/4 inch bounce in the chain.
also check to make sure that the clutch is still snug on the shaft of the engine, any wobble there may cause a clatter. And be sure that there's not a couple of links that are stuck together like one solid link.
Good Luck

I suspect it's the chain and those are all the most logical places to look.I'm confident that I'll find the source of the noise now. Thanks, jeep4me.:scooter: