Weird output shaft/crankshaft Briggs 5hp and 3hp

Hey guys, new guy here with a homebuilt i just bought, and plans to build one for the missus. The bike I picked uphas a 5hp briggs with a sprocket on the engine, chained to a jackshaft with a clutch on it, then to the rear wheel via a second sprocket/chain. I quite prefer the simpler way of running a clutch on the engine to the sprocket on the wheel, but this was seems to work fine.

Couple issues.

The clutch chatters when it engages. Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to get a new clutch (it's seized on the jackshaft...)

Both engines have an output shaft I've never seen before. Its not the typical shaft with one groove in it to use a set screw, but instead it is a small gear, used on the the 3hp to run a gear reduction which i have removed and the sprocket bolts right onto this on the 5hp.

Can anyone explain this to me? Also, are there clutches made to fit these?

Thanks!
Andrew

Picture for ya's.... what is this? Is the motor no good to me to put a clutch on? I have two like this.... I'm at a loss as to what I have here.

Thanks

Motra

You would have to get new crankshafts for those engines to use standard clutches with them or, like you said, modify them so you can drive a jackshaft mounted clutch. Clutches are only available in 5/8", 3/4" and 1" sizes.